- Population: 287,442 (estimated in 2019).
- Area Code: 407, 321.
- Tax on hotel rooms is comprised of 6% sales tax and 5-7% occupancy tax. SeaWorld and Lake Buena Vista areas: 11.5%. International Drive: 12.5%. Hyatt Regency, Rosen Centre, and Rosen Plaza: 13.5%. Some hotels may charge additional resort fees, please be sure to check your hotel confirmations.
- Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (EST), which is -5 hours GMT. Daylight Saving Time applies between the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November, during which time is offset -4 hours GMT.
- Credit Cards and Charge Cards are widely accepted. ATM machines can be found in many major downtown department stores and hotels.
- Restaurants: 15% - 20% of the total bill is a good general rule of thumb, however please note that many restaurants will automatically add 18% gratuity/tips to the bill for parties of 6 or more people.
- Hotel Personnel/Porterage: $2.00 - $3.00 per piece of luggage or parcel.
- Valet Parking: $2.00 - $3.00 to attendant.
- Housekeeping Services: $2.00 - $3.00 daily.
- Taxi/Towncar: 15% of total fare.
- Concierge Services: $5.00 or more.
- Orlando International Airport is the primary airport for the city of Orlando as well as the gateway to central Florida. Approximate fare for a taxicab ride to International Drive or downtown Orlando is around $33 - $39. Shuttles are available through Mears Transportation Group (or call 407-422-2222); fares run $17 - $20. Stops for local buses (LYNX) are located on the A-side of the Main Terminal on the Ground Transportation Level (Level 1), at Commercial Lane spaces A38-A41. Fare is $2.25 per person each way. All Walt Disney World Resort hotels offer complimentary shuttle and luggage delivery from the airport. Advanced reservations are required, call 407-934-7639.
- I-Ride Trolleys run throughout the International Drive resort area, making it a convenient mode of transportation around the area. Single fare is $2.00 per ride; multi-day passes are also available.
- The local transit service is provided by LYNX. Fare for a single ride is $2.25.
- It is easy and convenient to navigate your way around Orlando by way of a car. The city is the largest rental car market in the world, and all major car rental companies are available at the airport. Located on Level 1 of the airport are: Alamo, Dollar Car Rental, Avis, and Budget. Courtesy shuttles are also available for off-site rental locations such as: Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and Hertz Car Rental.
For restaurant information, recommendations, and online reservations, visit OpenTable.
Other Sports & Recreation